M.R.S.A.

Jenny Jenny at howl.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 17:30:18 EST 1996

My apologies if this is not the right newsgroup to post to.  I hope
someone here can tell me a bit about M.R.S.A.  which I'm told is
endemic in many hospitals.

1.I don't know exactly what it is and why it is so bad for
patients to have it.

2.  Apparently it's resistant to treatment by most drugs but a new
type of drug is now available which has been more effective in
treating it.  Is this drug still at testing stage, or is it already in
use?

Third, if someone is symptom free but is a carrier of MRSA, is is
possible that they could eventually spontaneously get rid of the MRSA
or will they remain infected forever?

I'd also be grateful for sites etc.  which have more info.

Thanks very much for reading this and I hope you can help.