shifts in microbial populations

N. Kent Peters kent at ibg.uit.no
Tue Jan 16 06:32:26 EST 1996

In our journal club, we have been discussing several papers that look at
the genetic diversity of a soil population of bacteria.  Methods in
these articles have varied but all have analysized site to site
variation.  Does anyone know of studies that have looked at the same
site through time.  Most importantly, if the time frame includes changes
in vegetation of the soil or other factors.  For example, have there
been any studies on changes observed in the soil population of bacteria
during crop rotation?

I would greatly appreciate any help in finding this literature if it
exists.

Thanks,
N. Kent Peters
University of Tromsø