Other resistant bacteria besides MRSA

Dave Doyon doyond at cnwl.igs.net
Tue Jan 16 21:55:35 EST 1996

Besides methicillin resistant Staph aureus, we are now also condending
with pneumocucci (Strep pneumoniae) which are resistant to penicillin
and enterococci (Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium) which are
resistant to vancomycin, as a matter of fact, some enterococci require
vancomycin to grow. TB is also becoming very resistant.
We are losing the battle against bacteria.  In the fifty years or so
that bacteria have been around, the bacteria are finding a way to
survive.
Scary stuff!!