Any microbiology jokes?

Craig Myers cmyers at mednet.swmed.edu
Fri Jan 19 10:43:41 EST 1996

>> This will sound like a nutty request, but do any of you folks
>> know any decent microbiology/lab technologist jokes?

This is more of an academic/field superiority joke, but here goes:

Two scientists, a diagnostic microbiologist and a molecular biologist
specializing in yeast genetics, are on a plane taken over by terrorists.  The
terrorists tell them that to make their point, they will have to kill one of
them and toss the body out of the plane before making any demands or dealing
with the authorities.  They tell the two men that they will have 10 minutes to
convince the terrorists that they _other_ man should be shot, as the speaker
is more important, and mankind would suffer if he were shot.

The microbiologist stands up and speaks for 10 minutes, talking about
bacteriology, and parasitology, and virology.  He tells the terrorists that
he is vital to the medical field, as he supplies clinical data that is sorely
needed to make decisions on patient care.  His ten minutes pass quickly, and
the terrorists listen quietly, nodding to themselves.

The geneticist stands and says "I would like to take a few minutes to discuss
with you the power of yeast genetics --", at which point the microbiologist
jumps up and yells "Shoot me now!  Shoot me now!"

Craig "If you don't get it, you've never been to a yeast genetics
lecture" Myers