Fungal counts

Doug Rice drice at drice.ehs.colostate.edu
Mon Jan 22 12:57:23 EST 1996

In article <n1389824004.25986 at tcell.dnax.org> weiss at dnax.org ("Mary Weiss") writes:
>From: weiss at dnax.org ("Mary Weiss")
>Subject: Fungal counts
>Date: 22 Jan 1996 08:17:58 -0800

>Hi,

>Does anyone know of any studies on the types and numbers(CFUs) of molds found
>in houses or apartments.  I'm sure it has been studied for larger structures
>such as office buildings but have houses been studied?  If you have any
>information I would appreciate your help.

>Thanks,

>Mary

Mary:

Try these articles as a good starting place.  If these don't help, give me a
call or send an E-mail.  I have about 200 articles dealing with airborne
bacteria and mold.  Good luck:

"Bioaerosol Concentrations in Noncomplaint, Complaint, and Intervention Homes
in the Midwest."  Am. Ind. Hygiene Assoc. J.  V56: 573-580.  1995.

"Airborne Characterization of Fungi Indooors and Outdoors."  J. Aersol Sci.,
V23 Suppl. 1:  S667-S670.  1992.

"Airborne Cladosporium and Other Fungi in Damp Versus Reference Residences."
Atmospheric Environment Vol. 26B. #1:  121-124.  1992.

---Doug.