Ribosomes....

Michael Kolotila x3887 mkolotila at necc.mass.edu
Fri Jan 26 11:11:26 EST 1996

Hi everyone;
I thought that I would toss in my observations.  Bacteria have inclusion,
polyphosphate, iron, etc; and they also have vacuoles whose membrane is
made solely of protein (if memory serves).  Since I call ribosomes
organelles, albeit, nonmembrane bound organelles; I say that bacteria and
other prokaryotes lack a defined nucleus and that the different S of
ribosomes separate them from eukaryotes.  At least, this way I can
include ribosomes and inclusions as organelles.  This is my way around
this particular problem.
Michael

 Michael P. Kolotila, Ph.D.        * e-mail: mkolotila at neccadm1.necc.mass.edu
                                   *
 Biotechnology Program Coordinator *
 Department of Natural Science     * voice :  508-374-3887
 Northern Essex Community College  *
 100 Elliott Way                   * fax   :  508-374-3723
 Haverhill, MA  01830-2399         *