Potential northern New Jersey seminar speakers

Jeffrey Lee lee at SOL.ESSEX.EDU
Mon Jul 1 08:37:29 EST 1996

Hello:

     I am writing to request your participation in the Fall 1996 BRIDGES
biomedical seminar series at the main campus of Essex County College in
the University Heights section of Newark, NJ.
     BRIDGES is an NIH-funded program that introduces minority two-year
college students to biomedical research through seminars at ECC, summer
research at Rutgers University-Newark campus and laboratory mini-courses
at both schools. While the summer research is limited to NIH-defined
minorities, the seminars and mini-courses are open to all students and
faculty that wish to attend. The students who participate, usually 15 to
20 in number, are mostly Biology/pre-Med majors with a background
knowledge of Biology and Chemistry equivalent to that of a junior or
senior at a four-year college or university.
     The seminars are on Thursdays from 2:40 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. in Room
3100-S in the Biology wing (Blue area) of ECC. The NIH grant includes NO
funds for seminar speakers. Howevwer, I am willing to pay for parking and
tolls out of my pocket if this is an issue.
     If you would like to participate, then please contact me at
"lee at sol.essex.edu". You can also call (201-877-3535) though I suggest
E-mail or letter since I will be out of the office most of the summer.
The mailing address is:
Dr. Jeffrey Lee, BRIDGES coordinator
Biology Dept.
Essex County College
303 University Av.
Newark, NJ 07102
If you are unable to speak at our seminar series, then please forward
this notice to those that you feel would show an interest in being
seminar speakers.
     Thank you in advance for contributing to the education of our students.

Jeffrey Lee, Ph.D.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Dr. Jeffrey N. Lee, Biology Dept.                 E-mail:lee at sol.essex.edu
Essex County College                              Phone: (201)-877-3535
Newark, NJ 07102

               "And all this science, I don't understand.
                  It's just my job, five days a week,"

                       - E. John and B. Taupin -
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS