mycolic acids from Rhodococcus....

taylorpm at ARIEL.UCS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU taylorpm at ARIEL.UCS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Jun 3 03:42:32 EST 1996

Hello,

I am looking at benzene degrading bacteria and have found some unusual
isolates in that they are Gram pos cocci. Some of them are obviously
Rhodococcus (the medium has turned red!) but I need further identification
for my thesis (as well as some different techniques). Apparently the length
of mycolic acids found in their outer
membrane is useful as a tool for identification. Can anyone lead me to a
few good references, or let me know of any major problems in using mycolic
acids for identifying these bacteria?

Thanks in hope,

Paul.....