another question about SDS-PAGE

KevO kevo at
Sun Mar 3 23:52:44 EST 1996

Erma Lai (emlai at wrote in article <emlai-0103960121580001 at>:
:>I have a problem when I prepare the stacking gel. I found my separating
:>gel polymerized very well but the stacking gel didn't. The problem is that
:>the wells of the stacking gels were shrinked after polymerized. Therefore,
:>I only can load small amounts of the samples. Hope someone will help me!

	I still think it is a problem with the catalyst and the
initiator. I had this problem when I first started pouring gels. Few
things that ou might want to check is that:
1. Make sure your solution is well degassed before addition of APS & TEMED.
2. Make sure that APS and TEMED are mixed in well (Swirl the flask well).
3. If that does not work - increase the amt of APS used.
	Good Luck and CHeers!
* Kevin Ong                            * For God so loved the world that he  *
* Biology Dept.                        * gave his only begotten son...       *
* Temple University,Philadelphia       *               -JOHN 3:16            *
* Fax:(215)204-6646  email> kevo at or kevo at *
* WWW URL>                                     *