Ph.D. student position, Umea, Sweden

Leszek Andrzej Kleczkowski lakleczk at bioslave.uio.no
Tue Mar 5 10:34:21 EST 1996

A Ph.D. student position is currently available in my laboratory at the
Department of Plant Physiology, Umea University, Sweden.  The position
concerns studies on hybrid assembly, subunit/domain swapping and affinity
labelling of a higher plant ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase, the key enzyme
of starch biosynthesis.  The position requires strong background in gene
manipulation and expression in a heterologous system (E.coli), and at
least some experience with protein/enzyme work.  For more details please
consult our recent work (J. Biol. Chem. 268: 6228-33, Plant Physiol. 101:
179-86, Biochem. J. 313:149-54).

The position is financed by the Umea University initially for two years.
A Master's degree in an appropriate area is required.

Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a letter of interest and
their c.v., either through e-mail (preferably), fax or snail-mail to:

Dr. Leszek A. Kleczkowski
Department of Plant Physiology
Umea University
S-901-87 Umea