Cure the deer or die..!!!

Terry Brown tb at
Tue Mar 5 23:02:08 EST 1996

B.Noppon at wrote:

> I have another problem, could you or other netters please tell me, is
> there any possibility to see bacterial flagella by SEM (Scanning
> electron microscope or it can be seen by TEM (Transmission electron
> microscope) only. Thank you.

Not my area of expertise, but I think if the gold is sprayed
(sputtered?) onto the bacteria from a low fixed angle, the flagella
casts a shadow, and so can be seen in SEM.

Cheers Terry

Terry Brown                      email: brown at
Lincoln Environmental
Private Bag 3062 Hamilton        Ph. +64 7 838 5901 W +64 7 855 9001 H
New Zealand                      Fax +64 7 838 5372