Cyclospora cayetanensis

Michael Casteel Arhat at
Tue Mar 12 21:40:31 EST 1996

Does anyone out there know of any animal infectivity studies with
protozoans that would be comparable to Cyclospora cayetanensis
(Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae)? It is a somewhat newly recognized
coccidian parasite of humans - I am attempting a risk assessment
for this organism and need information for the dose-response or
effects characterization. Post to the newsgroup or e-mail me
directly: Arhat at or 30MCasteel at Thanks.
Mike Casteel, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Dr. Mark D. Sobsey's lab group.