criteria for interpreting PFGE patterns

K.R. van Slochteren slochter at ppsw.rug.nl
Wed May 15 03:08:19 EST 1996

In the laboratory where I work we have recently started using pulsed-
field gel electroforesis to identify relationships between different
isolates of bacterial strains.
We would like to know about criteria to determine if PFGE patterns
come from isolates with the same or different (epidemiological)
origin.
Another related question is about software. There is computer software
available for interpreting PFGE patterns. We would like to know about
experiences anyone has with this software.
Thanks in advance,

Kees van Slochteren,
Research laboratory-technologist
Regional Public Health Laboratory, Groningen NL
e-mail: slochter at ppsw.rug.nl