Microbiology for non-majors?

Marlene DeMers mdemers at sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Thu Nov 7 13:09:19 EST 1996

Are there any educators out there that have experience in
teaching an introductory microbiology class for non-majors,
that are in the Allied Health fields, such as pre-nursing,
food and nutrition, environmental health, and pre physicians
assistants, etc.?  I am mostly interested in some suggestions
for laboratory exercises that relate to some of the above.  I
also would like to know what the lecture syllabus consists of.
Is your mission statement different from a General
Microbiology class for majors?
Please e-mail me if your interested in exchanging ideas or
have some suggestions.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give.