Methods for determining DNA sequences other than Maxam-Gilbert and Sanger???

Bob Bruner bbruner at
Sat Nov 9 21:25:48 EST 1996

Ludvig Mortberg wrote:
> Are there any other procedures other than Maxam-Gilbert and Sanger for
> determining base sequences of DNA? I'm interested in information about
> anything that has been suggested or tried (successfully or
> unsuccessfully) in this field.

There is the approach of hybridization to arrays of oligonucleotides,
developed by Affymetrix in Santa Clara, Calif.

They have  a new paper in Science 274:610, October 25, 1996. (the "genome