Microbial Film Formation

Simon Stride dupin at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 10 14:18:38 EST 1996

I am helping my daughter with a science fair project that she is doing
on marine, microbial film formation.  I'm a marine microbiologist from
way back (but I've been out of touch for many years) and we're looking
for 1 or 2 good, basic references on this concept.  If anyone knows a
good review article that they can recommend, I'd certainly appreciate
it.

The subject involves the attachment organisms to a surface placed in
the marine environment.  There's a progressive attachment from bacteria
to algae to barnacles over time.  We plan to study certain attributes
of this in the science fair project.