chlamydia psittaci -- diagnosis in humans

Corona90 corona90 at
Thu Oct 3 11:04:10 EST 1996

In message <52vank$lgv at> - cigolott at (tom c.)
3 Oct 1996 03:08:36 GMT writes:

> I guess (with synicism) that's why there "was" once a disease
> called psittcosis. Yes....... very transmissible with multiple
> exposures with people with the infected birds....almost reminds
> one of TB.

> Maybe.....similar etiologies.....similar morphologies...hmmmmmmm

But ... different organisms!  Actually, it could remind one more of
Mycobacterium avium or M. genavense, rather than TB.

-gary cage
-gary cage
 Clinical and Reference Microbiology
 Arizona State Laboratory