Bergey's Manual on CD-ROM??

Cormac Shaw cshaw at
Fri Oct 11 07:16:22 EST 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 16:40:11 -0500
<emberley at> wrote:

>Does anyone know if Bergey's Manual is available on CD-ROM? I hear they
>have a web site, but I have been unable to find it. Any help would be

Dear Ethan,
I think there was a similar recent query on this matter on this or
another of the bionet groups. Perhaps you should check out the bionet
archives web page <>. I think the jist of it was
that the CD-ROM version is in the pipeline but may not see the light
of day for some time (although my memory may be playing tricks on
me). There's certainly no mention of it on the Bergey's Manuals
homepage <>. Try e-mailing them
at <bergeys at> or check out their publishers, Williams and
Wilkins, at <>.

Best of luck,

Cormac Shaw, B.Sc.,
Dept. of Industrial Microbiology,