Dermatophilus isolated from crocodile skin lesions

Gilbert Buenviaje gilbert.buenviaje at jcu.edu.au
Mon Oct 28 14:02:47 EST 1996

Hi everyone,

I'm a veterinary patholgist working on skin diseases in crocodiles here in tropical Australia.

A common disease which they suffer from is called "brown spot" which causes small ulcerative lesions. Up to the
present very little work has been done on it.

Recently I have successfully isolated Dermatoplilus congolensis from the lesions, which is the first time such
a successful isolate has been done.

I am interested in research contacts from anyone working in either crocodile skin disease or in Dermotophilus
so we can exchange information.

Gilbert Buenviaje