Purified mRNA

Umnarj Paeratakul umnarj at mozart.inet.co.th
Thu Oct 31 20:27:26 EST 1996

mcamargo at usp.br (Maria Evangelina de Camargo) wrote:
>	Hi,
>I need a good protocol to preper RNAm. If you have, please, help me!
>	Maria.

Dear Maria,

Need more information!  What is your source?  Mammalian cells?
What will this used for?

I do my RNA extraction by using Guanidine isothiocyanate / ultra
centrifugation method (paper by Chomzinski and Sacchi - if I
spell it right).  After that I use oligo dT cellulose to
pull out poly A+ RNA from the total RNA.  Extracting RNA is
a pain in the neck, you have to be very careful not to
contaminate it with ribonuclease.  Otherwise all RNA will be

You might want to check a book called Molecular Cloning published
by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.  This is a very good book.

Good Luck

Umnarj Paeratakul