Special media for Campylobacter

100302.2471 at compuserve.com 100302.2471 at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 12 09:11:15 EST 1996

We make medias and we have a problem with a special one for Campylobacter.
The atmosphere is microaerophily.
The problem is that the enterobacteries are also growing on this media.
To isolate them, we have to find an add to inhibit them with antibiotics (?) or colored them.
We tried yet different concentrations of D-glucose plus Red Neutral or Bromothymol Blue, but it don't give us good results.
We also tried X-B-D-Galactopyranoside but it's not good because probably of the microaerophily.
Is there anyone to help us ?
Regards.

T. PASQUET