RODAC Plates

Austin Reade areade at
Thu Sep 12 10:50:45 EST 1996

In article <5175sv$21o at> rand777 at writes:
>From: rand777 at
>Subject: Re: RODAC Plates

>In Article <515fa7$afh at>
>sjchiles at (sarah) writes:
>>In article <32338A78.5F86 at>, bbbbd at says...

>>>        I was wondering what RODAC plates are. What does the name stand
>>>and how are they used?
>>>        Is this a differential medium? If so, what characteristics are
>>>        I need this information since I am a Teaching Associate for a
>>>Microbiology lab class.
>>>Louis Geller
>>>CSU Long Beach

There are alternatives to RODAC plates for microbiological sampling of
surfaces.  Two are the 3M Petri-film media and Biotest Hycon contact slides.
Both are available with a number of different media.  The biotest, for
example, has slides with  non-selective,  blood-enriched, coliform, and
yeast & mold media.  We have used the 3M's in total count, total coliform and
E. coli formats.