Isolation protocol for inclusion bodies

Reno Pontarollo rpontrol at dres.dnd.ca
Mon Sep 16 17:26:40 EST 1996

Niek,
I've also tired to isolate inclusion bodies from a T7-inducible promoter
in JM109(D3).  However, I was unsuccessful because of a ~50K Mr protein
that formed the aggregate instead.  I am still trying to get my fusion
protein purified from this system using IMAC columns.  I've checked the
plasmid by sequencing and my clone is inframe, but I havent been able to
detect expression yet.  I'm working on that at the moment.  If I verify
expression, I will try my inclusion body protocol again and let you know
what happens.  I could fax it to you if you want.
--
Reno Pontarollo Ph.D.
Medical Countermeasures Section, Defence Research Establishment Suffield