radiation and microbial ecology

wise at bscr.uga.edu wise at bscr.uga.edu
Fri Sep 20 10:44:44 EST 1996

Does anyone out there know of a review (or even primary literature) related to
the effects of radiation (specifically low-level, as one might expect from
accidental release from a reactor, for example) on bacterial ecology.  I am
interested in population and community structure and dynamics.  Most of the
papers I have seen focus on very high doses (in the Mrad range) used to
sterilize food, for example.  I have found ecology paper on UV, but I am
interested in ionizing radiation.  If anyone has a directions to lead me in,
I would be much obliged.

Mark Wise
Univ. of Georgia

Wise at bscr.uga.edu