Jelly beans

Richard A. Murphy U14663 at UICVM.UIC.EDU
Fri Sep 20 19:19:24 EST 1996

Reminds me of a story I heard decades ago in which a Japanese fisherman,
who never drank, would act drunk after eating rice, which was quite
often.  It turned out that he had an outpouching of his intestine that
harbored some yeasts and they were indeed fermenting the rice.  He had
his own saki maker!  Don't know if the story was true but it didn't seem
like the thing someone would make up.
Dick Murphy
|Richard A. Murphy, PhD              Internet: U14663 at uicvm.uic.edu |
|University of Illinois at Chicago   Fax: 1-312-996-1022            |
|Department of Oral Medicine         Phone: 1-312-996-8630          |
|  and Diagnostic Sciences                                          |
|801 S. Paulina                                                     |
|Chicago, IL 60612                                                  |