Help Please

Dr. James D. Oliver jdoliver at UNCCVM.UNCC.EDU
Mon Sep 23 07:47:36 EST 1996

These sound like exam questions to me, and you're looking for this bulletin
board to answer them for you!

At 07:54 PM 9/22/96 LOCAL, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I need some help please....
>
>1.   Reguarding Chemotaxis - What is the behavior and molecular explanation
>          for the  behavior on How  bacterial cells avoid being over
>          stimulated  by attractive chemicals?
>
>2.  What are Two molecules and the amount of proteins that can be pumped for
>         the reduction of each molecule,  other than oxygen or nitrate that
>         can be used as terminal electron acceptors?
>      Why does the reduction number vary with the terminal electron acceptor
>        used?
>
>3.  How do gram-negative bacteria adjust the contents of their periplasm as
>        their osmotic environment changes?    What molecules are used to make
>        the adjustment?     What are the advantages of these molecules over
>        other molecules?
>
>Im stumped, any help would be appreciated........Thankyou

James D. Oliver
Professor of Microbiology and Director,
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Program
9201 University City Blvd.