medium formula

Lorri Robinson robinson at avana.net
Thu Sep 19 18:39:31 EST 1996

>      Help needed.  I came across a mention of the use of a medium called
>      yeast extract glucose broth in a study of growth at different pH
>      values, but the formula for the medium wasn't given.  Could someone
>      help me here.  Thanks very much in advance.

Tryptone Yeast extract broth is made using 10 gm tryptone, 5 gm yeast extract,
3 gm K2HPO4, and 50 gm sucrose per liter. Glucose yeast extract broth is made
using 50 gm glucose instead of sucrose. pH 7.4. To make agar, add 15 gm agar
per liter.

Lorri, the Displaced Microbiologist (nope, still no job and 6 months now...)