salmonella typhimurium moab

Andre Burnens BURNENS at VBI.unibe.ch
Tue Sep 24 20:58:21 EST 1996

Bergwerff wrote:

> Dear fellow scientists,
>
> Please, help me. I am looking for monoclonal antibodies against H:i and
> H:1,2 flagellar antigen of Salmonella typhimurium. Can somebody give me
> information about availability of these moabs?
> Thanks!
>
> Aldert Bergwerff
> Faculty Veterinary Medicine
> Utrecht University
> The Netherlands.

Dear Colleague

I am not aware of a source of monoclonals against Salmonella flagellar
antigens. However, there is a really _huge_ selection of suppliers of
specific anti-Salmonella-flagellin rabbit antisera (sometimes absorbed
for better specificity - according to methods to produce what was once
called 'the poor man's monoclonals'). Depending on your assay system this
may prove entirely sufficient.
--
Andre P. Burnens MD
Head of the Salmonella Reference Laboratory