salmonella typhimurium moab

Andre Burnens BURNENS at
Tue Sep 24 20:58:21 EST 1996

Bergwerff wrote:
> Dear fellow scientists,
> Please, help me. I am looking for monoclonal antibodies against H:i and
> H:1,2 flagellar antigen of Salmonella typhimurium. Can somebody give me
> information about availability of these moabs?
> Thanks!
> Aldert Bergwerff
> Faculty Veterinary Medicine
> Utrecht University
> The Netherlands.

Dear Colleague

I am not aware of a source of monoclonals against Salmonella flagellar
antigens. However, there is a really _huge_ selection of suppliers of
specific anti-Salmonella-flagellin rabbit antisera (sometimes absorbed
for better specificity - according to methods to produce what was once
called 'the poor man's monoclonals'). Depending on your assay system this
may prove entirely sufficient.
Andre P. Burnens MD
Head of the Salmonella Reference Laboratory
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Berne
Laenggass-Strasse 122, CH-3012 Berne, Switzerland
Tel. +41 31 631 24 85       Fax. +41 31 631 26 34