P.aeruginosa minimal media recipie ??

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 12:26:19 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960923142253.9433B-100000 at e4e.oac.uci.edu> oaogunse at UCI.EDU ("Oladele A. OGUNSEITAN") writes:
>mpage at molbiol.ox.ac.uk wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me of a good minimal medium for P. aeruginosa PAO1 ? I am
>> having trouble growing it on simple media. Am I right in thinking that PAO1 is
>> prototrophic?
>
>   The following scientists have worked extensively on P. aeruginosa.  You
>   may wish to consult their publications:
>
>   Patricia Clarke (England ?)

Well, she worked in England. But she is Welsh :-)

There were some tricks to making the minimal medium - mainly
mixing the phosphates in the right order to avoid precipitating out.

E.coli and PAO1 seemed happy enough on the same minimal media though.

We used (Pat Clarke's lab ca. 1975) a trace mineral supplement (about
10 strange elements I seem to recall). I never checked how essential
they were.
Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division,
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA,