NEW CONDITIONS OF BECTERIOLOGICAL GROWTH

Armand M. Obiang obiang at biocell.fundp.ac.be
Wed Sep 25 14:05:05 EST 1996

Could you say me in what conditions I would get subculture of
Mycobacterium ulcerans in liquid medium. This mycobacterium is a slow
grower which needs 3 weeks on LJ medium (egg-base media) to show any
colonies in 30-33° C. I want to purify a Mycobacterium ulcerans exotoxin,
so I need Mycobacterium ulcerans liquid culture.I have failed to
subculture Mycobacterium ulcerans grown on LJ medium, in Sauton medium pH
7.4 , Dubos medium + 5 % BSA + 7.5 dextrose pH 6.8, MIDDLEBROOK 7H9 + ADC
pH 6.8. And I use ambiant air incubator. Thanks in advance to all.

--
Armand M. Obiang
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry,
Email: obiang at biocell.fundp.ac.be