Hollow Fiber Bioreactors

Mark Andrews mrmarket at ri.ultranet.com
Wed Sep 25 20:50:17 EST 1996

I looking for information on Hollow Fiber Bioreactors:

Can anyone direct me to sources of information on hollow-fibre
bioreactors?

Does anyone know how well they perform vs. stirred-tank reactors? Under
what circumstances would someone switch from stirred-tank reactors to
bioreactors?

What are the biggest drawbacks to hollow fiber bioreactors?

Of the suppliers to the industry, which companies have the best
reputationfor delivery, quality, support, and price?

Relative to cell culture technologies available to the biochemist
today,where would bioreactors rank vs. conventional technologies?

Many Thanks