Enterohaemorrhagic E.coli in Japan

Enigl enigl at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 02:49:59 EST 1996

In article <529bic$4k0$1 at mhade.production.compuserve.com>, Tim Williams
<106341.1671 at CompuServe.COM> writes:

> The local newspapers
>in the UK have recently been reporting a large outbreak of
>haemorrhagic colitis in Japan. I have been unable to find much in
>any recent  medical journals and would appreciate any information
>about this outbreak.

This is what I can't understand.  Why doesn't this newsgroup get more
action on this topic?  This is the Internet.  Where are all the Japanese
microbiologists?  Or, at least why do I constantly hear the news on this
topic from a regular newspaper?  I would rather hear the microbiology news
from a microbiologist.

(Sorry I couldn't help.)

Davin

Davin C. Enigl, MS-MEAS, President-Microbiologist
HACCP Validations-sm  Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points for the
Food, Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, and Nutritional Supplement Industry
Voice: (916) 989-8264,  Fax: (916) 989-8205,  Pager: (714) 725-7695
9040 Erle Blunden Way
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
September 27, 1996
6:01 pm