Molecular Symbiosis

Ribosome96 ribosome96 at
Mon Sep 30 14:38:19 EST 1996

Are there scientists who are interested in doing this? Calling European

-I have in mind that besides the mutualistic metabolic exchange that
symbionts are well known of , I was proposing that there is also some sort
of a "genetic exchange". This time the "gene" is shared thus "the genetic
product", is provided to help complete the individual structurally.

This is true among symbionts that are embedded in the "host" tissue. For
instance, there are bacteria that were discovered in the tissues of
mussels(mutualistic partnership betweeen bacteria and mussel) in hot sea
vents but these bacteria can't be grown in vitro given the favorable

Res. Consult.