Faculty Position

Dr. Glenn Songer Gsonger at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 3 18:54:03 EST 1997

"ASSISTANT / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA

The Undergraduate Program in Microbiology (UPM), consisting of faculty from
the Colleges of Agriculture, Arts and Sciences, and Medicine, is seeking
candidates with a broad understanding of microbiology and an active
research program for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate
Professor level.  The successful applicant will be expected to: direct and
teach in the team-taught introductory majors/nonmajors microbiology course;
to participate in graduate instruction; and to establish an
extramurally-funded independent research program.  The appointment will be
made in the UPM home department, Veterinary Science and Microbiology.  The
undergraduate Microbiology major has approximately 200 students and
participating faculty from the Departments of: Biochemistry; Microbiology
and Immunology; Molecular and Cell Biology; Plant Pathology; Plant
Sciences; Soil, Water, and Environmental Science; and Veterinary Science
and Microbiology.  More information about the UPM can be found at our web
site, www.microvet.arizona.edu. Outstanding candidates holding the Ph.D. or
equivalent degree(s) are encouraged to apply by sending a letter of intent,
curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and research
interests, and the names and addresses of three referees to Wayne
Nicholson, Ph.D., UPM Search Committee Chair, Department of Veterinary
Science and Microbiology, Building 90, Room 202, The University of Arizona,
Tucson, AZ 85721.  Review of applications will begin April, 1997 and
continue until the position is filled.  The University of Arizona is an
AA/EEO/ADA employer and encourages applications from minorities, women,
persons with disabilities and veterans."

J. Glenn Songer, PhD
Department of Veterinary Science
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ  85721
520-621-2962 (phone)
520-621-6366 (FAX)

Web Access via http://microvet.arizona.edu

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us."
- Calvin and Hobbes

"Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like bananas."
- T.H. Morgan

"Have you seen them?  Which way did they go?  How many of them were there?
What were they doing?  I must find them.  I am their leader."