Chilo Iridovirus Info needed

Shakespearean epithet evilgrin at sover.net
Fri Apr 4 08:29:14 EST 1997

Hello everyone.

I am an undergrad in the process of designing a research project
investigating the replicative processes of Chilo IV while searching for
places in which I can interfere with viral replication. Before I can get
going on my project, I need to get some background information.

First of all, does anyone know of a source of CIV? Is there a specific cell
line in use for tissue culture, and if so, how often do the cells need to
be split? As far as the virus itself is concerned, what is required for
storage? Will a regular freezer do or do I need to store it cryogenically?
Finally, which specific host organisms does CIV infect?  I can work quite
easily with fish, mosquitos and crickets, but need to know if this will
infect any species or if it is selective in its hosts.

Any information or resources would be greatly appreciated since I would
like to start research in June of this year.

Thank you in advance,

Katlinel Hidaka