bioproduction of methanol

Theresa draco at nospam.vt.edu
Fri Apr 4 11:25:49 EST 1997

>I am curious about the biological formation of methanol. I would be
>grateful for any information or resources regarding methanol.  I am most
>interested in those organisms that may be associated with home-made
>spirits.

First and foremost, you do NOT want to drink methanol, and it should not
be in your home made alcoholic beverages. What you want in there is
Ethanol (EtOH not MeOH, I think).

Organisms for making alcohol.. that would be some types of yeast, like
the ones found on grape skins. For making alcohol from other plants I do
not know.

--
Spam me and die.
draco at vt.edu
Circle of the Waking Earth: http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4734/
"The meek shall inherit the earth, and the bold will go to the stars"