phages for extremophiles?

Oladele A. OGUNSEITAN oaogunse at UCI.EDU
Sat Apr 5 20:02:40 EST 1997

	Several virus genomes are known to interact with the protein coat
in a way that may afford stability in harsh environmental conditions.
Perhaps interactions similar to histone-DNA associations exist between
hyperthermophilic phage genomes and external protein coat?

- Dele Ogunseitan

University of California at Irvine