Australian Bioaerosols

Ian Tilley ian.tilley at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Apr 9 23:00:03 EST 1997

We are interested in measurement of the biological content of the air at
selected sites in northern Australia. Studies that provide an indication
of the quantities and types of pollens, fungi and bacteria in the air are
of interest.
Appropriate samplers appear to be the Burkard spore trap (or similar) for
pollen and fungi and the Andersen sampler (or similar) for bacteria.
Bacterial identification need only be of gram-negative and gram-positive
species and perhaps the genus of the more abundant species.
We would appreciate hearing from Australian groups or individuals with
experience or capability in this area.

Ian Tilley
Research Scientist
Defence Science and Technology Organisation
Phone: 03 9626 8480
Fax:   03 9626 8410
E-mail:ian.tilley at dsto.defence.gov.au