microbiology experiment

Karl Roberts kr1 at PGSTUMAIL.PG.CC.MD.US
Sat Apr 12 06:22:34 EST 1997

Dear micro student,
	As a professor of microbiology preparing to give his own students
a very similar pair of unknown organisms, I can tell you that you really
should not be asking for someone to help.  The whole reason we assign
unknowns is to help you develop the critical thinking skills necessary
for you to apply the techniques you have been taught in the laboratory to
real world situations.  Since it is likely that you are being evaluated,
I will not offer you any more than I would to my own students who will
shortly be doing the same thing: You have been given the tools and
methods to identify your organisms. Use every resource you have calmly and
with reason and you will find the answers to your questions.
Good Hunting,
Karl J. Roberts
Assistant Professor of Biology
P.G.C.C.