Bacillus species!!!

enevold.falsen at alinks.se enevold.falsen at alinks.se
Wed Apr 16 17:49:25 EST 1997

Take a look at the literature !
Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, .... terribly difficult !
Try 16S rRNA gene sequencing.

or check with Biolog
or check with MIDI/MIS

E.Falsen
Subject: Bacillus species!!!
Author:  PC :nout at hotmail.com at INTERNET
Date:    1997-04-16 17.28

I'm starting a new project with Bacilus species, they have been isolated
from African fermented foods. If anybody knows cheap and reliable methods
to identify them please tell me. I'm right now thinking about some
molecular methods, API tests, and other kind of tests for sugars... but
I'm not sure what's the best. All opinions are wellcome.

Thanks

****** CCUG = Culture Collection, University of Goteborg ******
CCUG Curator: Enevold Falsen, Civ.ing.   Voice: +46.31.60 46 25
Guldhedsg 10, S-413 46 Goteborg, Sweden    Fax: +46.31.82 54 84
Download the catalogue on Internet at            ftp.ccug.gu.se
Strains - Identification - Information: Email:ccugef at ccug.gu.se