Cd-binding proteins

Oladele A. OGUNSEITAN oaogunse at UCI.EDU
Thu Apr 24 19:55:27 EST 1997

Cyril,

Most cadmium-binding proteins are related to metallothionein, a near
phylogenetically ubiquitous and inducible metal binding protein.  It has
been sequenced - check the SWISS PROTEIN database or any such molecular
biology database for the sequence.

- Dele Ogunseitan
Department of Environmental Analysis & Design
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-7070