Vitek Manual Read

Judy Arbique af484 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Apr 26 15:38:41 EST 1997

We are undertaking a study to compare the manual reading of Vitek GNI
cards after overnight incubation to identifications by other systems to
determine if it is acceptable or advisable to manually read cards in the
event of a low selectivity call or reader failure through the night.  When
we first purchased the Vitek system, a number of years ago, protocols were
provided by the manufacturer.  The manufacturer no longer recommends this
practice, however, but we would like to validate this practice ourselves.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who still performs manual
reads of GNI cards when there are identification discrepancies or
problems.

You can reply to me personally by Email if you wish:  af484 at chebucto.ns.ca