eggs safety

enevold.falsen at alinks.se enevold.falsen at alinks.se
Wed Apr 30 02:30:54 EST 1997

I am grateful to you for the excellent explanations.

In my mother's favorite cake, a 17th May (guess my nationality !)
cake from 1936, there are 11-12 eggs. 5 of the whites are put aside,
often for several weeks, to be used in a special desert. None of
these are properly heated.

Don't forget the egg-yolk medium in bacteriology. At least 20 years
ago, it was custom to mix 2-3 egg-yolks with agar, and pour the
plates. Not very often contaminated !

E.F.

****** CCUG = Culture Collection, University of Goteborg ******
CCUG Curator: Enevold Falsen, Civ.ing.   Voice: +46.31.60 46 25
Guldhedsg 10, S-413 46 Goteborg, Sweden    Fax: +46.31.82 54 84
Download the catalogue on Internet at            ftp.ccug.gu.se
Strains - Identification - Information: Email:ccugef at ccug.gu.se