Ulrich Maier maieru at uni-muenster.de
Mon Aug 11 08:21:19 EST 1997

enteng at PUSIT.ADMU.EDU.PH ("de Jesus . Vicente V.") wrote:

>My problem is we could not amplify RNA of Hepatitis C.  We only get smears
>from first round and nested amplification.  We have used kit based
>specimen preparation and rtTh polymerase from BManheim.  Please advise!

>Thank you!

IMHO it is difficult to establish a RT-PCR with Tth-polymerases. It
never worked in my hands.

Try M-MLV or AMV Reverse Transcriptase and use an aliquot of the first
strand synthesis as a template for PCR.

Feel free to contact me if you are intersted in my protocols. At the
moment I am able to use 3 different primer sets to amplify parts of
the HCV- genome.

Ulrich Maier