Thermophilic sporeformers

paul phillips il128 at kc.net
Tue Aug 12 18:01:35 EST 1997

--
"Freedomis just another word for nothing left to lose."   Joplin

Yersinia <yersinia at CYBERNEX.NET> wrote in article
<199708072139.RAA17674 at pop.cybernex.net>...
> Paul wolters writes:
>
> <Can somebody help me to find some info about methods to
> identifyThermophilic sporeformers. >
>
> HOW thermophilic? As in 55-60C or more than that? I've only worked with
> 55-60C thermophiles so far,  and for them I used Vitek. After inoculating

> a Bacillus card with a suspension of the organism, incubate it overnight
> at 55-60C, darken the circle on the card for thermophile, and place it in

> the Vitek for reading.
>
> I'm going to have to check the Vitek and Bacillus card documentation to
> see if that would work for bacteria which like temps higher than 55-60C
> (with a correspondingly higher pre-incubation temp, of course).
>
> Infectionately,
> Yersinia.
>
> "What you call genocide, I call a day's work!"

I find that the API BAC testing kit is more effective for ID of
thermophiles.
Paul Phillips

--
"Freedomis just another word for nothing left to lose."   Joplin