Thermofillic sporeformers PART II

Paul wolters paul.wolters at tip.nl
Fri Aug 15 09:51:08 EST 1997

--
paul.wolters at tip.nl

Hello here we are again, with some more info.

So far we identify the TS(thermofillic sporeformers) with the following
method,
but we are trying to find a easier and faster method.

This is the standard procedure,

DEFENITION OF TS:

the amount of TS that grow(on TSA - Triptic Soy Agar ) after a
heattreatment of 100 °C/30 min
and incubation of 2 days at 55°C

PRODUCTS USED

- TSA ; Merck 105458
- TSB ; Merck 105459

MAKING THE SAMPLE

- Take a sample and dilution of 1:10,  10g sample and 90g TSB 42°C (triptic
soy broth)

-Take 2 tubes and insert 10ml from your 1:10 suspension

-Give a heattreatment of 30min /100°C

-Cool the tubes down(fast)
 (increases the growth of TS)

- Insert 5 x 2 ml from the treated sample in petri dishes(14cm)

- Add +40 ml melted TSA,

- Incubate the petri dishes 3 days at 55°C. Keep the stove moist so that
the dishes don't dry out.

RESULTS

count the Kolonies of all dishes together.

Amount of kolonies is The amount of TS/g

 -Positive - spore's of Baccillus stearothermophilus

 -Negative - spore's of S. Aureus

-------

If you know any faster and easier method, all sugestions are welcom.

I'd like to thank all "repliers for there help and answers"

By the way my name is Désiréée and i am using someone els' e-mail
But you can reply at :
Paul.wolters at tip.nl