CMV-antigenemia using flow cytometry

Burki Burki at amm.unibe.ch
Fri Dec 12 09:46:13 EST 1997

We currently use the conventional slide-IF assay (pp65) to determine
CMV-antigenemia in immunocompromised patients. This procedure is very
time-consuming so we can offer it only twice a week.
Our infectious diseases dept. does not like shell-vial assays which we
perform daily because of somewhat reduced sensitivity.
So we are looking for a way to simplify antigenemia. We are thinking of
flow cytometry.
Does anyone have experience or even a protocol suitable for routine use.
Many thanks in advance.

--
Didi Burki MD,  Inst. Med. Microb. University of Berne/Switzerland
(to reply please replace amm by imm)