post-translational modifications in prokaryonts

Koen De Smet k.desmet at
Tue Dec 16 04:21:26 EST 1997

Claudio Mafra wrote:
>         I am looking for information on post-translational modifications in
> prokaryontic organisms, more specifically in rickettsias.
>         My questions and doubts are concentrated about the occorrence, individual
> importance and how much is it important for the protein structure. I am
> open to another comments about this modifications, domains, functions etc
> etc etc
>         Thanks,
> Claudio Mafra

A paper by some of my colleagues may be of interest to you:

Herrmann JL, O'Gaora P, Gallagher A, Thole JER, Young DB. 1996. Bacterial Glycoproteins:
a link between glycosylation and proteolytic cleavage of a 19 kDa antigen from
Mycobacterium tuberculosis. EMBO J. 15: 3547-3554.

Koen De Smet
==>> To reply by email, remove "nospam." from the address <<==
     Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary's