Specific MRSA articles

BJR445566 bjr445566 at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 15:14:04 EST 1997

I'm in need of journal articles which specifically discuss the identification
of methicillin resistance in Staph aureus through the use of NaCl screening
agars, or Etest MIC strips and the use of temperatures closer to 30 degrees and
prolonged incubation times.  Our lab studied patient isolates for 3 months. Has
anyone tried the rapid MRSA tests?  Any suggestions for our lab (600 bed,
nonresearch facility) are appreciated. Aside from the variety of phenotypic
expressions of meth resistance, we have 8 techs who need to find common ground
in the "interpretation" and "viewing" of microcolonies. A challenge indeed!!