Faecal fans!

iaduayom iaduayom at club-internet.fr
Sun Dec 21 19:36:38 EST 1997

The amount of toxin which should be detactable depends on YOUR critera!
The post of John Gentile is the best answer! But the IC50 of an ELISA test
is a good evaluation of affinity and the CR50, a good evaluation for
specificity. If you want a test which indicates the rate of toxine A& B,
chose a kit with a good CR50 otherwise (that means, if you want to detect
just one of thoses toxins, choose a low CR50.
check also the LDD that is to say the limit of detectionfor 90% of "binding.
good luck!
CR50 is: the concentration for 50% of crossing reaction=IC50 for toxin
A/IC50 for toxin B....
IC50 is: the concentration for 50% of  binding.